Me-too

Yes, I'm on the horse with no name;  I'm so glad that Roy Rogers and his horse Trigger are not out riding amongst the Joshua trees. I would not want them to get a whiff of my second hand smoke. But maybe you just might like to come into the tepee with me and absorb the aura of our communion; When I was young,  it was Roy Rogers and his horse Trigger guiding my way. TV was the in thing and morality was the Western frontier.  John Wayne became the man, a man's man. How we wanted things to appear. And of couse it was just a mirage: Like the rat's nest that I came out of would not connect with the image which the community wanted to foster. No, I lived life off the street. I got my first hair cut when I was five years old; the same year that I broke my arm. It was my grandfather's barber shop where I got the hair cut, not my broken arm. He also gave me the broom and told me to sweep the floor. This is where I started to shine shoes for the customers. I was five and I work every day of my life until I was drafted into armed services in the early 60's. I spent 1964/65 in Peshawar, West Pakistan on behalf of the our Government, NSA support services with the Air Force. My whole life changed; it is one of those experiences that changes you in a way that is hard to understand so it is difficult to express so others can understand. I stumbled throughout Paris ,France for the following two and a half years before retiring for the good of the service, and honorably so. The kid who was a shoe shine boy when he was five would never recognize this dischargee from the Air Force. Totally unfocused, looking only for the pieces that others could not see.       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasteless: life!

...open to interpretation...!

...your choice...!